Friday, March 27, 2009

Nasturtiums / Capuchinhas

I went to a food store and bought a box of edible flowers (Nasturtium) yesterday. They can be eaten raw in salads. I love this flower; they are yellow, orange, red, dark red…warm colors. I couldn’t resist taking a few photos; they were so fresh and colorful, (photo by FC). / Comprei algumas flores comestíveis no supermercado (Capuchinhas). Elas podem ser consumidas em saladas, por exemplo, e posssuem cores entre o amarelo, laranja e vermelho. Adoro essas flores e suas cores e não resisti em tirar algumas fotos, (foto de FC).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful flowers, I like them too for their colors, I first saw them in a painting of Susan D Bourdet. I didn't know they were edible.. never seen them in real life. Anyway, hope you had a good meal!
Your Geraniums painting is wonderful.