Friday, March 20, 2009

Flower Study / Flores, Estudo

It's just a study, a watercolor painted in one of my painting classes, a wet by wet demonstration. It's a loosening up painting style, a little abstract . It's hard to loosen up a painting without losing control, but that's the way I like to paint.... / Isso é apenas um estudo, uma aquarela pintada durante minhas aulas de pintura, uma demonstração feita sobre papel molhado. É um estilo solto, um pouco abstrato. é complexo "soltar" uma aquarela sem perder o controle da tinta, mas este é o modo que eu gosto de pintar....

10 comments:

reninah said...

I enjoy your blog. Fantastic colors and washes, delightful feast for the eye!

Anonymous said...

Bárbaro! Amei! Sua arte é um colírio para meus olhos e uma benção para nossas almas. Bjks! Vanusa

Gloria said...

Great style and colors.

Joanne said...

This is a great piece. Looks like a lot more than just a study. Beautiful

Adam Cope said...

fabio - great blog with some beautiful florals & interesting new darks in the window painting.

re-control: it's the water that does the work in wet on wet, the painter anticipates but the largest gesture he does is TO STOPAt THE RIGHT MOMMENT That's self-control! Control enough not to do anything until the moment (humidity) is right.

You know all this. Only problem is it's just abit anti-work ethic isn't it?

Meda said...

Hi, I just got here from Google looking for agapanthus watercolor and I was very impressed with your paintings. I am just a beginner in painting and so far watercolor is my favorite medium. Thank you for sharing your paintings. There is sooo much to learn from you and I absolutely love your style!

Meda

Barbra Joan said...

What can I say Fabio, beautiful as usual... I'm trying to loosen up and paint more wet in wet and finding it a real challenge.
Art Heart

Anonymous said...

Suas pinturas são extraordinárias, parabéns!

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Thanks Ninah, Gloria, Joanne.
Thanks, Adam, nice explanation about wet / wet watercolor. Yes, I agree with you.
Hi, Meda, thanks for your nice comments!
Thanks Barbra for your opinion!

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Vanusa, Marcos..muito obrigado!